Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Donegal Fish & Conservation Association Meeting
Monday, July 20th at 7PM at Sheffy property (Marietta)
- Lititz Run Watershed Alliance Meeting
Tuesday, July 28th at 4PM at the Warwick Township Building (Clay Rd., Lititz)
- Chiques Creek TMDL Alternative Initiative Public Meeting - Tuesday, July 28th at 7PM at the Manheim Central Middle School (261 White Oak Rd., Manheim)
This public meting is to inform interested folks on the ongoing
activities within the Chiques Cr. Watershed, to explain the future
direction of this new type of project, and to welcome input to most
efficiently restore the Chiques Cr. Watershed. The TMDL Alternative
will bring interested partners and stakeholders together to develop an
alternative approach to the traditional Total Maximum Daily Load
development for the Chiques Cr. Watershed. This pilot process will be a
comprehensive effort to understand nutrient and sediment sources,
identify tools and solutions to diminish inputs, implement and/or
provide technical/financial assistance to implement projects, and
monitor effectiveness of project implementation. Throughout the
process, checkpoints will be established to evaluate progress and make
adjustments to the approach in support of the adaptive management
model. Upon completion, the model will be implemented in other areas.
For more information on this new Alternative Approach in the Chiques
visit the Project website.
- Chiques Creek Mini-Golf Classic - Wednesday, July 29th at 6PM at the Caddy Shack (662 S. Oak St., Manheim) This 1st annual event is sure to be a family friendly event for years to come. Join members of the Chiques Cr. Watershed Alliance as they putt their way to better water quality through a new and one-of-a kind event. This event is a fund-raiser for the local group but also promises to be fun filled event for the whole family. For more information download the Mini-Golf Classic Flyer.
- Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Ice Cream Social/Meeting
Monday, August 3rd at 6PM at the Bachman Property (Peartown Rd., Reinholds) This annual event is always a family event for no other reason then FREE Ice Cream for participants. This year's program will be a hands on fly fishing experience with a local fly fisherman. Folks will have the chance to cast and actually fly fish along the banks of the Cocalico Cr. Bring the whole family out for this fun-filled evening.
- Lancaster County Clean Water Consortium Steering Committee Meeting
Wednesday, August 5th at 3PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Lancaster County Conservation District Board Meeting
Wednesday, August 5th at 7:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, August 19th at 5:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Chiques Creek CREEK STOMP - Wednesday, August 19th at 6PM at Mummau Park (Route 772, Manheim) Want to learn what life lives within the stream corridor of the Chiques Cr. Watershed and its tributaries? This hands on experience will have participants in the stream encouraging them to get their feet and hands wet to learn more about their local watershed. Snacks and beverages will be provided to all that participate. Don't forget your old shoes that can get wet as well. For more information download the CREEK STOMP Flyer.
- Donegal Trout Unlimited Meeting/Picnic
Wednesday, August 19th at 6PM at the Millport Conservancy (Millport Rd., Lititz)
- Millcreek Preservation Association Meeting
Tuesday, September 1st at 2:30PM at the Ressler Mill Carriage House (intersection of Route 772 and Stumptown Rd., Mascot)
- Pequea Creek Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, September 1st at 7PM at the Providence Township Building (Mount Airy Rd.)
- Octoraro Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, Septmber 1st at 7PM at the OWA Bldg. (517 Pine Grove Rd., Nottingham)
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, September 2nd at 7PM at the Rapho Township Bldg. (Colebrook Rd., Manheim)
- Water Quality Volunteer Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, September 9th at 2:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
TIMELY FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- National Fish & Wildlife Foundation's (NFWF) Technical Capacity Grants Program now open. NFWF in partnership with EPA, is soliciting applications from approved NFWF Technical Assistance Providers ("eligible applicants") to provide technical services on behalf of local governments, nonprofit organizations, and conservation districts ("eligible beneficiaries") for projects that enhance local capacity to more efficiently and effectively restore the habitats and water quality of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. Eligible beneficiaries interested in receiving technical capacity assistance through this program are encouraged to consult NFWF current list of eligible applicants which list the expertise, geographic service area, and contact information for approved NFWF Technical Assistance Providers. Applications may only be submitted by eligible applicants and must list and document the support of at least one eligible beneficiary. Deadline for Stormwater Management Projects proposals are due September 17th. For more information on any of these program areas visit the NFWF website.
- EPA's Environmental Justice Small Grants Program now open. The environmental Justice Small Grants Program supports and empowers communities working on solutions to local environmental and public health issues. the program assists recipients in building collaborative partnerships to help them understand and address environmental and public health concerns in their communities. Successful collaborative partnerships involve not only well-designed strategic plans to build, maintain, and sustain the partnerships, but also working towards addressing the local environmental and public health issues. For more information on how to call for a pre-application assistance program visit the EPA website.
- The Chesapeake Bay Trust is accepting applications for the Outreach and Community Engagement track of the Mini-Grant program on a rolling basis until funds are fully expended. Applications must be received at least 6 weeks prior to your project start date. For more information visit the Chesapeake Bay Trust website.
- Exelon's Environment Program supports projects that improve the quality of our environment; promote environmental education, conservation and preservation; develop cleaner sources of energy; protect endangered species; and beautify neighborhoods. Will fund projects located within communities where they work (ie Holtwood). For more information visit the Exelon website.
LITTLE CONESTOGA PARTERNERSHIP HEALTHY WATERSHED STORMWATER INCENTIVES PROGRAM