Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Lititz Run Watershed Alliance Tree Planting Event
Saturday, September 27th from 8AM to 10AM at the Smucker Farm (48 W. Newport Rd., Lititz) Join Watershed Alliance members as they conduct a fall planting along Lititz Run. Please wear appropriate outdoor attire for planting the many containerized trees and shrubs. Also feel free to bring a shovel and gloves to get those trees in the ground. For more information contact Warwick Township at (717) 626-8900.
- Friends of Fishing Creek Fall Cleanup Event
Saturday, September 27th from 9AM to noon meet at the Drumore Township Building (Furniss Rd., Drumore) Help countless southern end volunteers as they search for trash and debris within the Fishing Cr. Watershed. Please wear appropriate outdoor attire for cleanup activities. Gloves, bags, and safety vests will be provided to those who assist in the cleanup.
- Manor Township Tree Planting Event
Saturday, October 4th from 9AM to noon at the Hershey Mill Rd. & Fieldgate Dr. intersection (Manor Twp.) Come assist volunteers from the Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance and other groups as they plant a large riparian buffer on a Manor Township property. Volunteers will be planting native trees and shrubs along with installing tree tubes around the trees. Over 900 trees need to go in the ground by the end of the planting event to many volunteers are needed. Please wear appropriate outdoor attire for planting. Also feel free to bring a shovel and gloves to get those trees in the ground. For more information contact Kate Austin with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Adopt-A-highway Cleanup Event
Saturday, October 18th from 9-10AM at the State Gamelands Parking Area (Reinholds) Consider assisting the Cocalico Cr. group as they continue their annual cleanup of an Adopt-A-Highway section the group maintains in W. Cocalico Twp. Volunteers should plan to meet at the State Gamelands parking lot off Route 897 near the Middle Cr. Wildlife Management Area. Safety vests, gloves, and trash bags will be provided to volunteers.
- Mill Creek Preservation Association Tree Planting Event
Saturday, November 8th from 9AM to noon at the Ressler Mill House (intersection of Route 772 & Stumptown Rd., Mascot) Come assist volunteers from the Mill Cr. Preservation Association as they plant a riparian buffer along a recently completed stream restoration project. Volunteers will be planting native trees and shrubs along with installing tree tubes around the trees. Please wear appropriate outdoor attire for planting. Also feel free to bring a shovel and gloves to get those trees in the ground. For more information contact Matt Kofroth at (717) 299-5361 ext 124.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Lititz Run Watershed Alliance Meeting
Tuesday, September 23rd at 4PM at the Warwick Township Municipal Bldg. (Clay Rd., Lititz)
- National Drug Take Back Day
Saturday, September 27th at various locations The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs (and prevents them from being flushed into local waterways), while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications. For more information on National Drug Take-Back Day or to find a Take-Back location near you visit the National Drug Take-Back Website.
- Lancaster County Clean Water Consortium Steering Committee Meeting
Wednesday, October 1st at 3PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, October 1st at 7PM at the Rapho Township Bldg. (Colebrook Rd., Manheim)
- Tri-County Conewago Creek Association Meeting
Wednesday, October 1st at 7PM at the Conewago Township Bldg. (Hershey)
- Lancaster County Conservation District Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 1st at 7:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Pequea Creek Watershed Association's Miniature Golf Fundraiser
Saturday, October 4th from 9AM to noon at the Village Greens Miniature Golf Course (1444 Village Rd., Strasburg) What a great family friendly event where proceeds benefit local waterways. Bring the whole family to the 4th annual miniature golf outing and support the Pequea Cr. group as they continue to do outstanding projects throughout the watershed. For $10 adults can play a round of mini-golf, win door prizes, and get a great meal. Kids under 12 are FREE. For more information or to register checkout the Fundraiser Poster.
- Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Ice Cream Social/Meeting
Monday, October 6th at 7PM at the Cocalico Sportsman Association Bldg.(Sportsman Rd., Reinholds)
- Donegal Fish & Conservation Association Meeting
Wednesday, October 20th at 7PM at Donegal Presbyterian Church (Donegal Springs Rd., Mount Joy)
- Water Quality Volunteer Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, November 12th at 2:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, October 15th at 5:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Donegal Trout Unlimited Octoberfest/Meeting
Wednesday, October 15th at 6PM at the Four Season Golf & Reception Center (Stony Battery Rd., Lancaster)
- Pequea Creek Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, December 2nd at 7PM at the Providence Township Building (Mount Airy Rd.)
- Octoraro Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, December 2nd at 7PM at the OWA Bldg. (517 Pine Grove Rd., Nottingham)
- Friends of Fishing Creek Meeting
Thursday, January 15th at 7PM at the Kinch Property (23 Fawn Dr., Quarryville)
TIMELY FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- The Chesapeake Bay Trust is accepting applications for the Outreach and Community Engagement track of the Mini-Grant program on a rolling basis until funds are fully expended. Applications must be received at least 6 weeks prior to your project start date. For more information visit the Chesapeake Bay Trust website.
- Exelon's Environment Program supports projects that improve the quality of our environment; promote environmental education, conservation and preservation; develop cleaner sources of energy; protect endangered species; and beautify neighborhoods. Will fund projects located within communities where they work (ie Holtwood). For more information visit the Exelon website.
LITTLE CONESTOGA PARTERNERSHIP HEALTHY WATERSHED STORMWATER INCENTIVES PROGRAM