Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Octoraro Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, December 1st at 7PM at the OWA Bldg. (517 Pine Grove Rd., Nottingham)
- Pequea Creek Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, December 1st at 7PM at the Providence Township Building (Mount Airy Rd.)
- Lancaster County Clean Water Consortium Steering Committee Meeting
Wednesday, December 2nd at 3PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Lancaster County Conservation District Board Meeting
Wednesday, December 2nd at 7:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Meeting
Monday, December 7th at 7PM at the Cocalico Sportman's Club (Sportsmans Rd., Reinholds)
- Millcreek Preservation Association Meeting
Wednesday, December 16th at 2PM at the S & M Corporate Office (Beechdale Rd., Bird-in-Hand)
- Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, December 16th at 5:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Donegal Trout Unlimited's Meeting
Wednesday, December 16th at 7PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Donegal Fish & Conservation Association Meeting
Monday, December 21st at 7PM at Shenks (Marietta)
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, January 6th at 7PM at the Rapho Township Bldg. (Colebrook Rd., Manheim)
- Water Quality Volunteer Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, January 13th at 2:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Friends of Fishing Creek Meeting
Thursday, January 14th at 7PM at Hartle & Weigand property (1932 Susquehannock Dr., Drumore)
- Lititz Run Watershed Alliance Meeting
Tuesday, February 23rd at 4PM at the Warwick Township Building (Clay Rd., Lititz)
TIMELY FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- The Coldwater Heritage Partnership announced the opening of the 2016 Coldwater Conservation Grants Program. The Coldwater Heritage Partnership provides technical assistance and funding support for the evaluation, conservation and protection of Pennsylvania's coldwater streams. Grants are awarded to organizations to outline strategies and complete implementation projects that best conserve and protect our coldwater fisheries. Two types of grants are awarded: Planing Grants up to $5,000 and Implementation Grants up to $7,000. Deadline for both grants is December 18th. For more information on both grant tracks or to download an application visit the Coldwater Heritage Partnership Website.
- The Five Star & Urban Waters Restoration Program seeks to develop nation-wide-community stewardship of local natural resources for future generations and enhancing habitat for local wildlife. Projects seek to address water quality issues in priority watershed, such as erosion due to unstable streambanks, pollution from stormwater runoff, and degraded shorelines caused by development. The program focuses on the stewardship and restoration of costal, wetland and riparian ecosystems across the country. Its goal is to meet the conservation needs of important species and habitats, providing measurable and meaningful conservation and educational outcomes. the program requires the establishment and/or enhancement of diverse partnerships and an education/outreach component that will help shape and sustain behavior to achieve conservation goals. The grant deadline to apply for this funding is February 3rd. For more information visit the 5 Star Grant Program website.
- EPA's Environmental Justice Small Grants Program now open. The environmental Justice Small Grants Program supports and empowers communities working on solutions to local environmental and public health issues. the program assists recipients in building collaborative partnerships to help them understand and address environmental and public health concerns in their communities. Successful collaborative partnerships involve not only well-designed strategic plans to build, maintain, and sustain the partnerships, but also working towards addressing the local environmental and public health issues. For more information on how to call for a pre-application assistance program visit the EPA website.
- The Chesapeake Bay Trust is accepting applications for the Outreach and Community Engagement track of the Mini-Grant program on a rolling basis until funds are fully expended. Applications must be received at least 6 weeks prior to your project start date. For more information visit the Chesapeake Bay Trust website.
- Exelon's Environment Program supports projects that improve the quality of our environment; promote environmental education, conservation and preservation; develop cleaner sources of energy; protect endangered species; and beautify neighborhoods. Will fund projects located within communities where they work (ie Holtwood). For more information visit the Exelon website.
LITTLE CONESTOGA PARTERNERSHIP HEALTHY WATERSHED STORMWATER INCENTIVES PROGRAM